Sunday, November 30, 2008

An alterted me!

I still remember, the first class of EWS had me thinking that why are we doing such baby stuff. Stuff that i remember doing in grade seven. The second class had me smirking as the lectures turned even simpler and i had the correct answers to every blank in the work sheet that miss Bina gave to us. The third class sent me into fits of laughter when i realised that this was all that we were going to do for the entire course. And when i was laughing real hard, i choked when my first written essay was turned back with numerous marks of red ink circling the number of mistakes i had made. It was then i decided, I WILL NOT LAUGH!!
From there started a grammatical journey which lead to the road of good writing. And today. after being done with all classes i see myself standing on that road where i feel that yes, my writing has become alot better than before. The tenses, puntuations, clauses, correct usuage of metaphors, smilies and so on taught me how to hand in good pieces of writing that made the scary red marks into red ticks followed by excellents.
It has just not been only about writing. The usuage of correct tenses has made the quality of speech much better and more impressive. Overall the things that i had thought were so ordinary were the things that i had long forgotten and were very important for me. And so i realised that it was dumb to be over confident.

No comments: